Dino dress

Pour afficher ce message en francais, cliquez ici.

One more shift dress! A little 5-year-old princess has never enough dresses. And I find this type of dress very practical for all seasons, it depends on what she is wearing it with... It is easily wearable even in winter (at least Belgian winter). For this model, I used the rest of the fabrics from my previous sewing projects (Simple shift dress and Blouse Dino). Thanks to that the dress costs not much more that the price of the threads! Great, isn´t it?!
Robe_Dino_1
I used the same pattern (my own home made pattern!) as for the previous shift dress.
I chose the little blue buttons for the back. While taking this picture, there were just two of them sewn... I was in a hurry to take the pictures before the bed time :-D.
Robe_Dino_2
This time, I added some appliqués instead of the pockets. I will add a mini tutorial on how to make the appliqués very soon.
Robe_Dino_3 Robe_Dino_4 Robe_Dino_5
I wanted to create the effect "double skirt". I used the rick rack trim not only for the decoration purposes but also to declare that we love dinosaurs :-) and to hide the stitch. It is the same I used to decorate the sleeves of the blouse.
Robe_Dino_6 Robe_Dino_7
At one side of the dress the trim goes down to the edge making the skirt ruched.
I hope you like the dress as much as my daughter does.
Robe_Dino_8
Just a little bit of lipstick and we are ready to go out ;-)
Have a nice day!

Zuzana

PS: The accessories that you can see on the pictures will be the subject of one of my next posts, probably with the tutorial, as well.

Comments

Popular Posts