Origami CAP SLEEVE dress

The dress I am going to show you today has been cut almost a year ago. For some reason I interrupted the project, I put it aside and forgot it completely. I recently found and finished it. And, hopefully, it is not too small!


It´s made of blue Corduroy fabric and contrasting pink poplin lining. I used the Cap sleeve pattern from Ottobre design 6/2013.

I modified the back part of the dress as I really wanted to put an exposed zipper, not an invisible one.
I also added some topstitching (on the front I used the decorative stitches), hand embroidery in two colour tones and the origami butterfly. I love all these details. The pink butterfly is made by my princess herself following the free tutorial by Les lubies de Louise. There is the link to her pdf tutorial. It´s in French but it´s quite clear oven for those not speaking French, it´s a step-by-step tutorial full of pictures. It´s easy to follow, really.








I put two faux pocket flaps on the front as planned according the pattern. There are lined with the same pink poplin as the rest of the dress. 

I made several serious mistakes while sewing and cutting! But what silly mistakes, really!
I cut some pieces of the dress in the wrong direction! That´s why some parts seem to be of a slightly different colour... Then I reversed the steps - I was so concentrated on the zipper that I did not really think about the order of the steps... So I ended up with a nice zipper but in the next step I realised I could not turn the dress when needed, because the zipper was already installed... Well, really really a shame!


However, I finally finished it!
I think my princess is happy with the dress and so am I.










Happy you passed by.


C U soon and
HAPPY SEWING!



Zuzana
3 comments

Popular Posts